Salaried, exempt full-time position following successful 90-day performance evaluation. Reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing programs within the organization’s policies, state compliance, and national standards, including fund establishment, granting, scholarships, awards, and other programs.
- Primary contact with clients and potential clients, as well as affiliate community foundation.
- Work with clients to establish new funds.
- Manages on-line grant/scholarship software. Facilitates selection committees and/or the process. Ensure eligibility.
- Monitors the progress of awarded grants / scholarships including the submission of reports, subsequent payments and other related correspondence with grantee organizations.
- Provide technical assistance to those seeking funding support / scholarships from the Foundation.
- Monitors best practices, trends, and revenues and makes recommendations for change.
- Take lead on special programs and other projects that promote fund growth, community-building, and awareness of the Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.
- 3-5 years in related roles.
- Demonstrates ability to process a high volume of information with a high level of accuracy and problem solving.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with a proven ability provide outstanding service.
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking, and the capacity to see both the larger Foundation picture and how it relates to clients, individual functions and initiatives of the Foundation is critical.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a proven ability to achieve ambitious goals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities effectively.
- An affinity for philanthropy, the role of non-profits in strengthening communities, and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates proficiency using Microsoft Office support software including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
Additional Information: Attendance, punctuality, professional appearance and conduct required. Must have proven attributes of confidentiality, honesty and integrity. Must have own transportation. Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds. Successful candidates may undergo skills verification at Temp Associates.
Interested? Contact Temp Associates at (563) 263-6589.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy applies to hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and terminations.