The Community Foundation of Louisa County (CFLC) is taking applications for a new grant opportunity, the 2019 Community Impact Grant. One grant for up to $20,000 will be awarded. Government agencies, schools, and non-profit organizations serving in Louisa County are invited to apply.
Applications will be open online beginning March 1 and will be due no later than 11:59 pm April 30, 2019. The application will follow the same online process as the 2019 Endow Iowa grants.
The CFLC board will select candidates to make presentations to the board in May. The winner will be announced and grant awarded in June, 2019.
The board is looking for a high-impact project that will answer a need and/or improve the quality of life for people or a target group of people in the community. Areas of interest include: Community Development, Public/Societal Benefit, Education, Training & Research, Human Services, Safety & Health, Environment, Arts, Culture and Humanities.
Grant applicants are encouraged to work in partnership with other organizations. The project or phase of the project covered by the grant should be completed within one year of the award.
Applicants must outline how they will measure the project’s success in meeting its goals. Particular consideration will be given to projects that exhibit the following characteristics.
- Have clear, logical, realistic plans
- Are led by strong, proven organizations
- Have support of key stakeholders (clients, community, intended partners)
- Utilize CFLC funds to acquire or match funds from inside or outside Louisa County
- Expend the grant funds in Louisa County, when possible
- Employ an innovative approach to a defined problem
- Have realistic plans for long-term sustainability
- Advance the quality of life in Louisa County
For more information, please contact Paula Buckman (319) 868-4240 or email email@example.com
Click here to apply!