For West Liberty. By West Liberty.
Providing permanent resources to benefit the residents of West Liberty now and in the future. The Fund allows for a unique opportunity for residents to give back and support the community they care about.
- The endowment is a permanent fund whose assets are invested to generate income to be used for West Liberty charitable purposes only.
- Grants from the Fund are determined by a West Liberty Advisory Committee and will be used solely for the benefit of West Liberty area nonprofits and their charitable causes.
- West Liberty banks serve as approved financial institutions for the Community Foundation
- Iowa donors are eligible for a 25% state tax credit on their gift through the Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program, as well as a federal charitable tax deduction.
Grants available for nonprofits serving West Liberty
The West Liberty Community Endowment Fund is pleased to offer granting opportunities to nonprofit organizations doing charitable work in West Liberty.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?
Nonprofit, charitable 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organizations delivering programs and services to residents of West Liberty are encouraged to apply for a grant. If your charitable cause is not a 501(c)3 organization, you may qualify by partnering with another organization or the Community Foundation. To learn more, call the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine at 264-3863.
How does an organization apply for a grant?
An easy-to-complete application form is available here. West Liberty Community Fund Grant Application Form
- First review the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete all areas of the application including the project budget.
- Save your computer file as either a Word document or PDF.
- Please email the signed document or PDF to cmays@MidWestOne.com and drop off a signed copy at MidWestOne Bank, 305 W Rainbow Dr, West Liberty by the deadline. An email reply with a confirmation of received will be sent.
- Keep one copy for your files
Your proposal must benefit West Liberty residents.
The project/program must not be started prior to grants being awarded.
The project/program must be completed within one year of awarding.
The West Liberty Advisory Committee may investigate your proposal to ensure its validity or to gain additional information. (It’s wise to submit prior to the deadline which leaves time to procure more information if needed.)
As a grant recipient, you will be required to provide to the Community Foundation a final report, send digital photos, and submit receipts to prove your expenditures.
The West Liberty Community Fund will review grants once a year, with the fund amount variable each year. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on the deadline date.
2017 Amount Available to Grant: $5,000
|APPLICATION AVAILABLE:||August 15, 2017|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||October 2, 2017|
|NOTIFICATION OF AWARD:
|October 24, 2017
Can I speak with someone if I have questions about applying for a grant?
Of course! We are happy to help answer questions about the granting process you might have. Contact Cindy Mays, West Liberty Community Fund Advisory Committee Chair, at (319) 627-2100 to discuss your grant application or charitable project well in advance of the deadline date.