For West Liberty. By West Liberty.
GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
May 10 to June 7 at 11:59 p.m. (CDST)
The West Liberty Community Endowment Fund is pleased to offer granting opportunities to nonprofit organizations doing charitable work in West Liberty. Grant applications open on May 10 and close on June 7 at 11:59 p.m. (CDST)
Click here for a quick step-by-step on how to apply. Please call us at 563-264-3863 if you need assistance completing your application.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?
Nonprofit, charitable 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organizations delivering programs and services to residents of West Liberty are encouraged to apply for a grant. If your charitable cause is not a 501(c)3 organization, you may qualify by partnering with another organization or the Community Foundation. To learn more, please call the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine at 563-264-3863.
How does an organization apply for a grant?
We’ve transitioned to a new system to streamline the application process. Please click here to create your organization account in the new system and be ready to apply. Applications open on May 10th.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to the Community Foundation at 563-264-3863
- Your proposal must benefit West Liberty residents.
- You must be – or partner with – a 501(c)(3) organization.
- The project/program must not be started prior to grants being awarded.
- The project/program must be completed within one year of awarding.
- The West Liberty Advisory Committee may investigate your proposal to ensure its validity or to gain additional information.
The West Liberty Community Fund Advisory Committee will review grants once a year, with the fund amount variable each year. As a grant recipient, you will be required to provide to to the Community Foundation a final report, digital photos, and receipts that document your project expenditures.
Can I speak with someone if I have questions about applying for a grant?
Contact Cindy Mays, West Liberty Community Fund Advisory Committee Chair, at (319) 627-2100 to discuss your grant application or charitable project well in advance of the deadline date. If you need assistance when applying, please contact us at 563-264-3863.
Donate with confidence – your gifts are being managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, an accredited community foundation by the National Council of Foundations and qualified by the Iowa Department of Economic Development. Gifts to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine for the West Liberty Community Fund are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
To contribute, make your check payable to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine and designate West Liberty Community Fund in the memo. Contributions may be dropped off at MidWestOne Bank, 305 W Rainbow Dr, West Liberty. Or mailed to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, 104 West Second St., Ste 213, Muscatine, IA 52761.
The West Liberty Community Fund provides permanent resources to benefit the residents of West Liberty now and in the future. The Fund allows for a unique opportunity for residents to give back and support the community they care about.
- The endowment is a permanent fund whose assets are invested to generate income to be used for West Liberty charitable purposes only.
- Grants from the Fund are determined by a West Liberty Advisory Committee and will be used solely for the benefit of West Liberty area nonprofits and their charitable causes.
- West Liberty banks serve as approved financial institutions for the Community Foundation.
- Iowa donors are eligible for a 25% state tax credit on their gift through the Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program. Please click HERE for information on SALT (state and local tax) regulations.
West Liberty Community Fund Advisory Committee
Cindy Mays, Chairperson
Jerry Melick, Treasurer