For West Liberty. By West Liberty.
Providing permanent resources to benefit the residents of West Liberty now and in the future. The Fund allows for a unique opportunity for residents to give back and support the community they care about.
- The endowment is a permanent fund whose assets are invested to generate income to be used for West Liberty charitable purposes only.
- Grants from the Fund are determined by a West Liberty Advisory Committee and will be used solely for the benefit of West Liberty area nonprofits and their charitable causes.
- West Liberty banks serve as approved financial institutions for the Community Foundation
- Iowa donors are eligible for a 25% state tax credit on their gift through the Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program. Please click HERE for information on SALT (state and local tax) regulations.
Donate with confidence – your gifts are being managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, an accredited community foundation by the National Council of Foundations and qualified by the Iowa Department of Economic Development. Gifts to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine for the West Liberty Community Fund are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
To contribute, make your check payable to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine and designate West Liberty Community Fund in the memo. Contributions may be dropped off at MidWestOne Bank, 305 W Rainbow Dr, West Liberty. Or mailed to the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine, 208 West Second St., Ste 213, Muscatine, IA 52761.
Online Donations Accepted; Click Here
Grants available for nonprofits serving West Liberty
The West Liberty Community Endowment Fund is pleased to offer granting opportunities to nonprofit organizations doing charitable work in West Liberty.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?
Nonprofit, charitable 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organizations delivering programs and services to residents of West Liberty are encouraged to apply for a grant. If your charitable cause is not a 501(c)3 organization, you may qualify by partnering with another organization or the Community Foundation. To learn more, call the Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine at 264-3863.
How does an organization apply for a grant?
An easy-to-complete application is available online under IMPACT Grants HERE.
- Your proposal must benefit West Liberty residents.
- The project/program must not be started prior to grants being awarded.
- The project/program must be completed within one year of awarding.
- The West Liberty Advisory Committee may investigate your proposal to ensure its validity or to gain additional information.
As a grant recipient, you will be required to provide to the Community Foundation a final report, send digital photos, and submit receipts to prove your expenditures.
The West Liberty Community Fund will review grants once a year, with the fund amount variable each year.
Can I speak with someone if I have questions about applying for a grant?
Contact Cindy Mays, West Liberty Community Fund Advisory Committee Chair, at (319) 627-2100 to discuss your grant application or charitable project well in advance of the deadline date.
West Liberty Advisory Committee
Cindy Mays, Chairperson
Jerry Melick, Treasurer